Cook Real Food: How to Make Simple Plant-Based Meals
- PREREQUISITE: It is highly recommended that you have taken the “Eat Real Food: How to Eat a Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet” course (here on Udemy) before taking this one.
- Students should have general knowledge about the health and nutrition benefits of whole plant foods.
- Students must have access to high-speed internet, an up-to-date modern browser, and an appropriate computer, laptop, or tablet in order to properly watch the video lessons and access the accompanying downloadable resources.
- Students must have access to a kitchen that includes a stove, cookware, dishware, fridge/freezer, a high-quality blender, food processor, and basic utensils in order to prepare the foods and meals in this course.
- Students must have access to a variety of whole plant foods in order to prepare the foods and meals in this course.
Knowing how to feed ourselves in a way that supports our health and fits with our modern constraints is one of the most valuable and essential skills to have today!
When you make the choice to eat and cook real food that is most optimal for the human body, as whole plant foods are, you are making the choice to take responsibility for your wellbeing and positively contribute to our entire Earth. When you make the choice to create homemade meals from whole plant foods you are making the choice to avoid the health dangers of processed and convenience foods and their many harmful ingredients and cooking methods. Cooking your own food also helps you save money, bring more balance into your life, and build stronger bonds with family members whom you share your meals with.
Cook Real Food takes you on a journey of self-empowerment to build your confidence, comfort, and creativity to work with whole plant foods in your kitchen.
You will learn how to:
- Feed yourself in a way that is easy, doable, economical, and sustainable.
- Feed yourself in a way that nourishes and heals your body from the inside out.
- Feed yourself in a quick way, where the average meal takes 15 minutes.
- Work with common, fresh, whole plant food ingredients that you can get from your local grocery store.
- Cook various starchy and non-starchy vegetables, grains, legumes, and mushrooms.
- Incorporate fruits, nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices into meals in easy and healthy ways.
- Create simple, yet delicious and satisfying, meals and treats.
- Approach plant-based, vegan cooking in a positive way based on mindfulness and gratitude.
Cook Real Food is a practical course with a holistic foundation.
The course features 12 sections that provide over 60 lessons, along with practice activities in the form of worksheets and quizzes, and a course assignment to help you apply what you learned. All lessons include either summary sheets, worksheets, or recipes that you can download and print for quick reference and use. You will benefit from over 6 hours of content and a set of skills for life.
You will gain skills to know how to:
- Obtain, select, and store whole plant foods.
- Set up and stock your kitchen for healthy plant-based cooking and eating.
- Cook foods in the least nutritionally-destructive manner.
- Not rely on any animal foods, oils, or high-heat cooking methods.
- Adapt your plant-based meals for special needs like gluten-free and nut-free diets.
- Flavor your plant-based meals in satisfying ways.
- Fix problem plant-based meals and avoid food waste.
Cook Real Food is not a fad-diet or a trendy recipe course but a way of living.
Your teacher, Evita Ochel, brings you over 10 years of research and personal experience in the field of plant-based nutrition and nearly 20 years in the field of optimal health, and will teach you how to use the power of your food with everyday wholesome, plant-based meals. Instead of focusing on recipes, which can be limiting in many ways, you will be guided with meal templates to create an infinite number of meal and flavor combinations, no matter what your personal limitations may be.
Be sure to look through the course curriculum to know what the specific lesson topics are, and watch the free video lectures to best know if this is the right course for your current needs.
- Beginner students who do not know how to cook or work with whole plant foods or make meals with them.
- Intermediate students who would like to gain more skills and knowledge in order to make quick, easy, and simple plant-based meals.
- Expert students who would like to gain more tips and ideas in order to optimize their use of whole plant foods and meals with them.